Debt-ridden farmer commits suicide in UP
Hamirpur(UP): A debt-ridden 68-year-old
farmer allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself in his
agriculture field in Pahari Bhithari village of the district
after he was unable to repay the loan taken from a bank,
Veerpal committed suicide yesterday, they said, adding
though his family claimed he was worried about repayment of
bank loan he had taken and was under immense mental tension
which drove him to take the extreme step, the district
administration said Veerpal was disturbed as he had some
stomach ailment and committed suicide.
The body has been sent for autopsy. Meanwhile the
District Magistrate, G Srinivas who visited the village said
a strict warning is being issued to all banks to not to harass
farmers over realisation of loans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back