Debt-ridden farmer commits suicide
Barabanki: A 42-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in Fatehpur area of the district.
According to the police, Hanuman Prasad Prajapati hanged himself yesterday for being unable to pay off his debt.
Guidai, wife of the farmer said that on March 22 official of Aryavrat Gramin Bank visited the village and threatened Hanuman to pay off his debt or be prepared to go to jail.
Bank manager Rajkumar Nigam said that amount of Rs 2.33 lakhs of Kisan credit card and home loan was pending on Hanuman.
District Magistrate, Ministi S has ordered a probe into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- French Open 2016, Day 7: Serena Williams marches on, Dominic Thiem impresses at rainy Roland Garros
- Hull City gain Premier League promotion, courtesy Mohamed Diame stunner against Sheffield Wednesday
- 7.2 magnitude quake hits South Georgia, South Sandwich Islands
- 10 killed Bangladesh local govt body polls violence
- Watch: Unbelievable! Extra-strong see-through wood is now a reality