Debt-ridden farmer commits suicide
Barabanki: A 42-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in Fatehpur area of the district.
According to the police, Hanuman Prasad Prajapati hanged himself yesterday for being unable to pay off his debt.
Guidai, wife of the farmer said that on March 22 official of Aryavrat Gramin Bank visited the village and threatened Hanuman to pay off his debt or be prepared to go to jail.
Bank manager Rajkumar Nigam said that amount of Rs 2.33 lakhs of Kisan credit card and home loan was pending on Hanuman.
District Magistrate, Ministi S has ordered a probe into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured