Debt-ridden farmer commits suicide
Barabanki: A 42-year-old farmer allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in Fatehpur area of the district.
According to the police, Hanuman Prasad Prajapati hanged himself yesterday for being unable to pay off his debt.
Guidai, wife of the farmer said that on March 22 official of Aryavrat Gramin Bank visited the village and threatened Hanuman to pay off his debt or be prepared to go to jail.
Bank manager Rajkumar Nigam said that amount of Rs 2.33 lakhs of Kisan credit card and home loan was pending on Hanuman.
District Magistrate, Ministi S has ordered a probe into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing