close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Decision on Babri Masjid case should be taken soon: Hashim Ansari

Hashim Ansari, the oldest litigant in the Ayodhya shrine dispute, on the 22nd anniversary of the Babri Masjid demolition on Saturday, said that a decision on this case should be taken soon.



New Delhi: Hashim Ansari, the oldest litigant in the Ayodhya shrine dispute, on the 22nd anniversary of the Babri Masjid demolition on Saturday, said that a decision on this case should be taken soon.

"The case is right where it was. Now, the case is in the Supreme Court and we hope that after 10 years, there will be a date soon. We hope the decision on this is taken soon," said Ansari.

Ansari, who has been fighting this case for the past 65 years, had earlier stated that he was not interested in fighting the case anymore.

Expressing his discontent over the politicization of the issue, Ansari had also said that he would not take part in the protest to mark the demolition of the structure.

According to reports, he also said that he wanted to see Ram Lalla free as it gave him pain when he saw it in a tent.

Adequate security arrangements have been made in Ayodhya on the 22nd anniversary of the demolition, while some Muslim organizations in Chennai are observing a 'black day' today.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions