Deepak Bharadwaj`s killing: Skoda car driver detained
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Sunday detained the driver of the grey Skoda car in which the assailants of local BSP leader Deepak Bhardwaj had come and shoot him to death.
Although the police is yet to make any arrests, the detention came four days after the brutal murder of Bharadwaj, the richest candidate in the 2009 Lok Sabha polls with declared assets of over Rs 600 crore, was fired upon from point blank range by three men who fled after the incident.
Police today issued lookout notices against two suspected shooters who murdered the BSP leader.
Police sources said they have issued Look Out Circulars (LOC) to nab the alleged shooters -- Purushottam and Sunil.
LOCs, which have details like photographs of wanted persons, are issued to Immigration officials at airports to ensure that no criminals escape via air.
Bharadwaj was gunned down by the trio who entered his farmhouse in Rajokri at 8:55 AM on March 26 morning on the pretext of booking the place for a marriage, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar had said.
After today’s arrest the investigators believe that the driver will disclose every nitigrity of the case.
Earlier on Wednesday police had recovered from Haryana the car used by the killers of Deepak Bhardwaj from his farmhouse and had detained four men who were suspected to have provided illegal arms to the assailants.
About a dozen people were also questioned in connection with the murder of the 62-year-old politician and police were investigating whether any contract killers from Haryana`s Sonepat was involved.
In an another twist to the tale, a senior police official had also confirmed to have grilled Bhardwaj`s wife, who had been staying separately, and his sons to ascertain whether there was a property dispute and if he had any "enemies".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India