Deepak Bharadwaj`s killing: Skoda car driver detained
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Sunday detained the driver of the grey Skoda car in which the assailants of local BSP leader Deepak Bhardwaj had come and shoot him to death.
Although the police is yet to make any arrests, the detention came four days after the brutal murder of Bharadwaj, the richest candidate in the 2009 Lok Sabha polls with declared assets of over Rs 600 crore, was fired upon from point blank range by three men who fled after the incident.
Police today issued lookout notices against two suspected shooters who murdered the BSP leader.
Police sources said they have issued Look Out Circulars (LOC) to nab the alleged shooters -- Purushottam and Sunil.
LOCs, which have details like photographs of wanted persons, are issued to Immigration officials at airports to ensure that no criminals escape via air.
Bharadwaj was gunned down by the trio who entered his farmhouse in Rajokri at 8:55 AM on March 26 morning on the pretext of booking the place for a marriage, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar had said.
After today’s arrest the investigators believe that the driver will disclose every nitigrity of the case.
Earlier on Wednesday police had recovered from Haryana the car used by the killers of Deepak Bhardwaj from his farmhouse and had detained four men who were suspected to have provided illegal arms to the assailants.
About a dozen people were also questioned in connection with the murder of the 62-year-old politician and police were investigating whether any contract killers from Haryana`s Sonepat was involved.
In an another twist to the tale, a senior police official had also confirmed to have grilled Bhardwaj`s wife, who had been staying separately, and his sons to ascertain whether there was a property dispute and if he had any "enemies".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Mobile communication partially restored in Kashmir Valley
- Madhavan delighted with 'Saala Khadoos' being lauded in Canada
- Ranveer Singh's 6-pack abs will give you serious fitness goals! Watch video
- Rio Olympics 2016: Neymar defends his party boy lifestyle
- Mayawati raises assault on Muslim women by vigilantes in Madhya Pradesh