Defamation case against Rahul Gandhi
Muzaffarnagar: A defamation case has been
filed against Congress leader Rahul Gandhi in Uttar Pradesh`s
Prabudhnagar district by a Shiv Sena activist for his alleged
derogatory remarks against people of the state at a rally.
Shiv Sena activist Sanjay Sharma filed the complaint in a
local court yesterday, court officials said.
Gandhi, while kicking off Congress` UP election campaign
in Phulpur on November 14 had said, "People of UP are
appreciated for their hard work wherever they go in search of
job...How long will you beg in Maharashtra (for work)? How
long will you work as labourer in Punjab?"
The comment has sparked a controversy in the political
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron