Defamation case against Rahul Gandhi
Muzaffarnagar: A defamation case has been
filed against Congress leader Rahul Gandhi in Uttar Pradesh`s
Prabudhnagar district by a Shiv Sena activist for his alleged
derogatory remarks against people of the state at a rally.
Shiv Sena activist Sanjay Sharma filed the complaint in a
local court yesterday, court officials said.
Gandhi, while kicking off Congress` UP election campaign
in Phulpur on November 14 had said, "People of UP are
appreciated for their hard work wherever they go in search of
job...How long will you beg in Maharashtra (for work)? How
long will you work as labourer in Punjab?"
The comment has sparked a controversy in the political
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- Delhi govt approves proposal to set up memorial on APJ Abdul Kalam at Dilli Haat
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell four-for guides Kolkata Knight Riders to 7-run win over Kings XI Punjab
- Heated debate takes place in Rajya Sabha on VVIP chopper deal: Top quotes
- 'Catastrophic wildfires' force thousands to flee in Canada
- Man killed by son-in-law