Defamation case against Rahul Gandhi
Muzaffarnagar: A defamation case has been
filed against Congress leader Rahul Gandhi in Uttar Pradesh`s
Prabudhnagar district by a Shiv Sena activist for his alleged
derogatory remarks against people of the state at a rally.
Shiv Sena activist Sanjay Sharma filed the complaint in a
local court yesterday, court officials said.
Gandhi, while kicking off Congress` UP election campaign
in Phulpur on November 14 had said, "People of UP are
appreciated for their hard work wherever they go in search of
job...How long will you beg in Maharashtra (for work)? How
long will you work as labourer in Punjab?"
The comment has sparked a controversy in the political
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series