Defeat Congress, help form 3rd Front govt: Mulayam to youths
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday asked youths to repeat 1977`s wipe out of Congress in the Lok Sabha polls and help propel Third Front government at the Centre.
"Under the leadership of Lok Nayak Jaiprakash, youths rose in 1974 and wiped out Congress in 1977. You all have to repeat history and make a Third Front government led by SP at the Centre", Yadav said while addressing a programme organised on the culmination of party`s Cycle Yatra, which started from New Delhi on February 23.
"This is the best opportunity for SP as the public is with us. If we fail, we will have to repent. If party leaders and workers get united, SP will get a good number of seats", he said.
Attacking BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said "some liars" have in speeches here have made false claims of development.
"What has he (Modi) done in Gujarat, where 89 per cent women and 90 per cent men are working as labourers... SP fulfils whatever it promises", Yadav claimed.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that a number of forces were trying to stop SP from getting good number of seats from here but youths would give them a befitting reply in elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport