Defeat Congress, help form 3rd Front govt: Mulayam to youths
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday asked youths to repeat 1977`s wipe out of Congress in the Lok Sabha polls and help propel Third Front government at the Centre.
"Under the leadership of Lok Nayak Jaiprakash, youths rose in 1974 and wiped out Congress in 1977. You all have to repeat history and make a Third Front government led by SP at the Centre", Yadav said while addressing a programme organised on the culmination of party`s Cycle Yatra, which started from New Delhi on February 23.
"This is the best opportunity for SP as the public is with us. If we fail, we will have to repent. If party leaders and workers get united, SP will get a good number of seats", he said.
Attacking BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said "some liars" have in speeches here have made false claims of development.
"What has he (Modi) done in Gujarat, where 89 per cent women and 90 per cent men are working as labourers... SP fulfils whatever it promises", Yadav claimed.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that a number of forces were trying to stop SP from getting good number of seats from here but youths would give them a befitting reply in elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!