Defence in Aarushi case seek unmatched photographs, negatives
Ghaziabad: The defense counsel in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case on Monday sought unmatched photographs and extra negatives from the Central Bureau of Investigation.
The move came two days after a head constable of Uttar Pradesh Police had failed to match the photographs and negatives of the crime scene during the trial in a a special CBI court here.
The court had, on June 29, given one hour to prosecution witness and police photographer-cum-forensic expert Chunni Lal Gautam to match the photographs but he could not tally the photographs and negatives.
The defense lawyer today moved an application in the court seeking the unmatched photos and extra negatives from the probing agency.
The defense counsel, JP Tareja, also orally requested the CBI prosecutor, RK Saini, to bring the bed sheet on which Aarushi was found dead, the bottle of scotch recovered from the room and the trouser she was wearing at the time of murder to cross examine the witness.
The defense lawyer Tareja had said the key witness, Gautam, could not match the photographs and negatives and could not answer "properly" the questions posed by the defense.
The doctor couple, Nupur and Rajesh Talwar, were present throughout the day long proceedings.
The cross examination of Gautam continued throughout the day during which he said the photographs and the negatives "are not looking proper".
The constable could not recognise several photographs,
however, said that he had told the investigating officer (IO) about "difference" in the photographs.
He was confronted with many photographs by the defense and he repeatedly said that he could not recognise them.
When asked whether "did the IO write his statements after May 17 and 18, 2008," the witness said he did not remember.
The defense pointed out that the statements were recorded on May 17 and 18, 2008. But according to the statement in the court during his examination as chief witness the statement was recorded on May 31, 2008.
Another defense lawyer, Manoj Shishodia said that an application would be moved tomorrow in the court seeking answers regarding the mismatch of the photographs.
The cross-examination would continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden