Delhi-based lawyer nabbed for eve-teasing
Muzaffarnagar: A Delhi-based lawyer has been arrested for eve-teasing a married woman passenger on a bus in Chhapar area of the district, police said on Thursday.
The accused Brij Bhushan Tyagi (28) was allegedly inebriated when he committed the offence on a bus en route to Delhi from Dehradun.
Sources said that the accused allegedly beat up the husband, accompanying the 25-year-old woman, when he protested against the harassment of his wife before police arrived on the spot and took Tyagi into custody.
The accused, who has been booked under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, was later produced in court and released on bail, police said.
In another incident, tension prevailed between youth of Prasoli and Dunghar villages over the harassment of a girl by some students of DAV College Budhana town of the district.
Police said the trouble began last evening after some students from Dunghar village teased a girl, who is a resident of Prasoli. The accused students are absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video