Delhi-based lawyer nabbed for eve-teasing
Muzaffarnagar: A Delhi-based lawyer has been arrested for eve-teasing a married woman passenger on a bus in Chhapar area of the district, police said on Thursday.
The accused Brij Bhushan Tyagi (28) was allegedly inebriated when he committed the offence on a bus en route to Delhi from Dehradun.
Sources said that the accused allegedly beat up the husband, accompanying the 25-year-old woman, when he protested against the harassment of his wife before police arrived on the spot and took Tyagi into custody.
The accused, who has been booked under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, was later produced in court and released on bail, police said.
In another incident, tension prevailed between youth of Prasoli and Dunghar villages over the harassment of a girl by some students of DAV College Budhana town of the district.
Police said the trouble began last evening after some students from Dunghar village teased a girl, who is a resident of Prasoli. The accused students are absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery