Delhi, UP Police face over 2,100 complaints: NCW
New Delhi: Over 2,100 complaints of harassment
against Delhi Police and the Uttar Pradesh Police have been
received by the National Commission for Women (NCW) this year,
the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
The highest number of 1,761 complaints of police apathy and
harassment were received in Uttar Pradesh, followed by 357 in
Delhi, 251 in Rajasthan and 204 in Haryana between January and
November, Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran
said in a written reply. The NCW had received 2,097 complaints
against UP Police personnel and 453 against Delhi Police in
Besides, 94 such complaints were received in Madhya
Pradesh, 72 in Bihar, 39 in Punjab and 34 in Maharashtra, he
"The Government of India has been making consistent efforts
to persuade the States, from time to time, to bring the
requisite reforms in the police administration to meet the
expectations of the people," Ramachandran said.
He said state police forces and central police forces were
also organising special courses on crimes against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery