Delhi, UP Police face over 2,100 complaints: NCW
New Delhi: Over 2,100 complaints of harassment
against Delhi Police and the Uttar Pradesh Police have been
received by the National Commission for Women (NCW) this year,
the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
The highest number of 1,761 complaints of police apathy and
harassment were received in Uttar Pradesh, followed by 357 in
Delhi, 251 in Rajasthan and 204 in Haryana between January and
November, Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran
said in a written reply. The NCW had received 2,097 complaints
against UP Police personnel and 453 against Delhi Police in
Besides, 94 such complaints were received in Madhya
Pradesh, 72 in Bihar, 39 in Punjab and 34 in Maharashtra, he
"The Government of India has been making consistent efforts
to persuade the States, from time to time, to bring the
requisite reforms in the police administration to meet the
expectations of the people," Ramachandran said.
He said state police forces and central police forces were
also organising special courses on crimes against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo