Delhi, UP to sizzle as temp may hit 45 deg C again
New Delhi: According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Tuesday said the heat wave is all set to hit the capital city, parts of Uttar Pradesh again as the maximum temperature may shoot to 45 degree Celsius in a day or two.
Earlier, in the month of May Delhi had recorded the hottest day of the season at 45 degrees Celsius.
But the Met department was not so surprised to see the rise in temperature as they said, “Mercury touching 45 degrees is not unusual for the month of May in Delhi.”
However in a respite bid the scientists today have predicted continuous rainfall beginning from Wednesday till about June 20 in the Western Ghats and Peninsular region. This means Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh would enjoy the Monsoon rains in the coming days.
As per the reports the El Nino and ENSO Neutral conditions have equal likelihood to hit during July, August and September months thus raising hope for the agriculture sector.
However in such a scorching hot atmosphere the prediction of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration can bring a cool breeze of respite as they said, "Majority of models predict ENSO-neutral to continue through the June-August season. Thereafter, most of the dynamical models predict El Nino to develop during July-August-September.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter