Democracy strong, people will not tolerate a dictator: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday asserted that the foundation of democracy in the country is very strong, and the people will not allow a dictator to flourish in the system.
Releasing a documentary `Apaatkaal ke Mahanayak` on the eve of 38th anniversary of imposition of emergency in the country, Akhilesh said people will always remember the contribution of those who fought for restoration of democracy.
Akhilesh appreciated the idea of making a documentary on emergency, saying that there is already enough reading material available to know about that period, and now people will also get to know more about the "atrocities" carried out at that time in an audio-visual format.
The CM said that at times when it seemed that emergency would never end, `Loktantra Senanis` sacrificed everything and got the democracy restored.
He claimed that the respect and honour of `Loktantra Senanis` has been restored by the Samajwadi Party regime, and asserted that they would be given even more facilities as the financial position of the government improves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH