Democracy strong, people will not tolerate a dictator: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday asserted that the foundation of democracy in the country is very strong, and the people will not allow a dictator to flourish in the system.
Releasing a documentary `Apaatkaal ke Mahanayak` on the eve of 38th anniversary of imposition of emergency in the country, Akhilesh said people will always remember the contribution of those who fought for restoration of democracy.
Akhilesh appreciated the idea of making a documentary on emergency, saying that there is already enough reading material available to know about that period, and now people will also get to know more about the "atrocities" carried out at that time in an audio-visual format.
The CM said that at times when it seemed that emergency would never end, `Loktantra Senanis` sacrificed everything and got the democracy restored.
He claimed that the respect and honour of `Loktantra Senanis` has been restored by the Samajwadi Party regime, and asserted that they would be given even more facilities as the financial position of the government improves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo