Denied ticket, Cong UP spokesman resigns
Lucknow: Irked at being denied ticket for
assembly polls, Uttar Pradesh Pradeshik Congress Committee
(UPPCC) spokesman and general secretary Subodh Srivastava has
resigned from all party posts and slammed the party decision
to give preference to a "turncoat".
"I had been working in the constituency from the last
three years and have been denied ticket at the last minute
therefore I have resigned from all posts of the party,"
Subodh, also a general secretary, said, a day after the
Congress released its third list of candidates for the UP
elections due next year.
A close confidant of UPPCC president Rita Bahiguna Joshi,
Subodh was seeking ticket from Lucknow central assembly
segment and resigned on Wednesday after the party named Fakir
Siddiqui as its candidate.
Fakir and Ramesh Srivastava were named party nominees
from Lucknow central and east constituencies in the list of 78
candidates released yesterday.
Calling Siddiqui a "turncoat", Subodh said his services
had not been recognised by the party.
Fakir, who was initially associated with SP, joined
BSP after last assembly elections and was expelled recently.
"It is unfortunate that a person like Ramesh Srivastava,
who opposed Rita Joshi during Lok Sabha election and
by-election for Lucknow west seat and whose loyalty is
doubtful has been given ticket," Subodh said.
He, however, said he would continue to be a member of the
Meanwhile, UPCC state president Rita Bahuguna Joshi, who
is currently in New Delhi, said she would talk to Subodh over
the issue after reaching Lucknow.
"I am not in Lucknow at present. I will talk to him
(Subodh) as he is dedicated party worker....," she said over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'