Deoband issues fatwa against full body scans
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Leading Islamic seminary
Darul Uloom Deoband has issued a fatwa against full body
scans, ruling that the exercise is against the Shariyat law.
The fatwa was issued on Friday on a query raised by a man
after his body was scanned at an airport in Manchester (UK).
Noting that the exercise of going through full body
scanners was against Islamic principles, the fatwa termed it a
violation of Shariyat law that "men or women be seen naked by
other men and women".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!