Deoband issues fatwa against full body scans
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Leading Islamic seminary
Darul Uloom Deoband has issued a fatwa against full body
scans, ruling that the exercise is against the Shariyat law.
The fatwa was issued on Friday on a query raised by a man
after his body was scanned at an airport in Manchester (UK).
Noting that the exercise of going through full body
scanners was against Islamic principles, the fatwa termed it a
violation of Shariyat law that "men or women be seen naked by
other men and women".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani