Deoband issues fatwa against full body scans
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Leading Islamic seminary
Darul Uloom Deoband has issued a fatwa against full body
scans, ruling that the exercise is against the Shariyat law.
The fatwa was issued on Friday on a query raised by a man
after his body was scanned at an airport in Manchester (UK).
Noting that the exercise of going through full body
scanners was against Islamic principles, the fatwa termed it a
violation of Shariyat law that "men or women be seen naked by
other men and women".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites