Deoband issues fatwa against full body scans
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Leading Islamic seminary
Darul Uloom Deoband has issued a fatwa against full body
scans, ruling that the exercise is against the Shariyat law.
The fatwa was issued on Friday on a query raised by a man
after his body was scanned at an airport in Manchester (UK).
Noting that the exercise of going through full body
scanners was against Islamic principles, the fatwa termed it a
violation of Shariyat law that "men or women be seen naked by
other men and women".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday