Deoband`s fatwa against Panchayat order
Muzaffarnagar: Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband has issued a fatwa denouncing an order by a local community Panchayat to socially boycott a man and his family for giving divorce to his wife.
Terming the move as "illegal" and "un-Islamic", the dictate claimed the panchayat had no authority to issue such orders which are not only against the Shariat, but are also the violation of law of the land.
The fatwa was issued on a query by a local resident asking the seminary whether the Panchayat`s order was valid or not.
In January this year, a panchayat in Nangla village here had asked people to socially boycott the Muslim man and his family for divorcing his wife Bulkishan in December last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie