Deoband`s fatwa against Panchayat order
Muzaffarnagar: Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband has issued a fatwa denouncing an order by a local community Panchayat to socially boycott a man and his family for giving divorce to his wife.
Terming the move as "illegal" and "un-Islamic", the dictate claimed the panchayat had no authority to issue such orders which are not only against the Shariat, but are also the violation of law of the land.
The fatwa was issued on a query by a local resident asking the seminary whether the Panchayat`s order was valid or not.
In January this year, a panchayat in Nangla village here had asked people to socially boycott the Muslim man and his family for divorcing his wife Bulkishan in December last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO