Deoband`s fatwa against Panchayat order
Muzaffarnagar: Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband has issued a fatwa denouncing an order by a local community Panchayat to socially boycott a man and his family for giving divorce to his wife.
Terming the move as "illegal" and "un-Islamic", the dictate claimed the panchayat had no authority to issue such orders which are not only against the Shariat, but are also the violation of law of the land.
The fatwa was issued on a query by a local resident asking the seminary whether the Panchayat`s order was valid or not.
In January this year, a panchayat in Nangla village here had asked people to socially boycott the Muslim man and his family for divorcing his wife Bulkishan in December last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000