Deploy central forces at every polling booth: Congress
Lucknow: Congress on Thursday demanded deployment of central forces at every polling booth and keeping local police 200 mt away for ensuring free and fair election.
"We want that this festival of democracy should be conducted in a totally free and fair manner," chairman of the party`s communication department Satyadev Tripathi and former minister Omkarnath Singh said at an EC workshop here.
"This requires that central forces should be deployed at every polling booth and local police should be placed 200 metre away," they said.
They also suggested that officials in all the districts, on whose sincerity there is doubt, should be transferred as they could affect the fairness of the polls to suit the ruling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Shaharyar Khan hints at stepping down in August
- Ranji games at neutral venues, Duleep's zonal system scrapped
- Donald Trump slams Barack Obama for not mentioning Pearl Harbour attack
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation