Deployment of special force at Allahabad station demanded
New Delhi: The overall arrangement at Allahabad railway station was found wanting as special forces should have been deployed to tackle the unprecedented rush, the All-India Railwaymen`s Federation said on Monday.
"Special forces like RAF, BSF or RPSF personnel should have been deployed at the station to tackle the huge rush on the day of holy bath yesterday," AIRF general secretary Shiv Gopal Mishra, who was at the Kumbh fair yesterday, said.
"These forces are specifically trained to handle such kind of unprecedented situation."
He said the rush of pilgrims was unprecedented and the organisers would not have thought that the number of passengers would be so high.
"Though several special trains were pressed into service, the surging of crowd was unprecedented," he said, adding the focus now should be to ensure proper arrangement to tackle incoming holy baths.
Holy baths at Kumbh fair are slated to be held on February 15 and 25 and also in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!