Depressed over poor marks, 17-yr-old boy hangs self
Kanpur: Depressed over poor marks in exams, a Class 12th student allegedly committed suicide in the Barra area here, police said on Thursday.
Saurabh (17) hanged himself from the ceiling of his house yesterday, police said.
His marks were shown in a parent-teachers meeting yesterday and he had received low grades in two subjects, they said.
He reportedly got depressed and rushed home from the meeting, they said.
His mother, who reached home after sometime, found the door locked from inside, police said. When the mother looked inside the house from her neighbour`s terrace, she saw the boy hanging from the ceiling, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof