Deputy jailor of Varanasi shot dead
Varanasi ( Uttar Pradesh): At least six miscreants, riding on motorcycles, killed the deputy jailor of the Varanasi District Prison, Anil Tyagi, here on Saturday.
Tyagi was shot dead at around 7 am outside the city`s Virus Gymnasium, where he had gone for a workout. He died on the spot.
Passersby rushed him to the nearby district hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Tyagi was posted at the district jail about five years ago and was known for his integrity.
"We are investigating the case and it is too early to anything. Only after investigation we will be able to know whether the incident is the fallout of some personal enmity of Tyagi, or is the handiwork of some criminals lodged in district jail," said Varansi`s Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh Modak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read