Deputy jailor of Varanasi shot dead
Varanasi ( Uttar Pradesh): At least six miscreants, riding on motorcycles, killed the deputy jailor of the Varanasi District Prison, Anil Tyagi, here on Saturday.
Tyagi was shot dead at around 7 am outside the city`s Virus Gymnasium, where he had gone for a workout. He died on the spot.
Passersby rushed him to the nearby district hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
Tyagi was posted at the district jail about five years ago and was known for his integrity.
"We are investigating the case and it is too early to anything. Only after investigation we will be able to know whether the incident is the fallout of some personal enmity of Tyagi, or is the handiwork of some criminals lodged in district jail," said Varansi`s Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh Modak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?