Details of permission for BSP rally sought on SP`s complaint
Lucknow: Following complaint by ruling SP against BSP for holding a rally at Ambedkar Park here on April 14, Lucknow Development Authority has sought details of the permission given by the district administration for it.
"The matter has come to our notice. We have sought the papers of permission given by the district magistrate for the BSP function. We will examine the papers and act accordingly," LDA Vice Chairman Rajiv Agarwal said.
On the 122th birth anniversary of Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar, BSP supremo Mayawati addressed partymen inside Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal, which was opposed by SP workers alleging that it was illegal to hold a rally inside the park.
The BSP, however, maintained that it had taken all necessary permissions for the programme at the park.
"The programme at the Parivartan Sthal was not a rally but the annual programme which is held at the spot ever since the park has come up and all relevant permissions from the district authorities had been taken on March 23," BSP leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui said.
"Permission had been taken from the district authority on its performa giving necessary details of the programme including timing, presence of BSP president as well as the use of loud speakers," Siddiqui said.
The BSP leader claimed that the Lucknow Development Authority had also been informed about the programme and permission was also taken from the PWD and other agencies for putting up hoardings, banners and cut-outs.
Siddiqui also distributed copies of the permission letter to the media.
He claimed that so far the party has not received any letter from the LDA seeking any clarification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip