Development work to be videographed in UP
Lucknow: In a bid to check corruption and use of sub-standard material in construction work in the rural areas, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to get all works video-graphed.
The directives were issued by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Rural Development Arvind Singh `Gop` to officials on Friday.
Asking officials to get every development activity videographed, Gop said any callousness with regards to development work in the countryside would be taken seriously and severe punitive action will be taken against officials.
"I have warned the officials to get out of the old mindset and start afresh with priorities that are in sync with the promises made by the Samajwadi Party (SP) government," he said on Saturday.
Arvind Singh `Gop` further said that he would soon be travelling to rural areas and see for himself what work was going on, and whether the standards were being maintained or not.
The minister also asked officials to make regular trips to villages and blocks and keep an eye on projects that were aimed at benefitting the poor.
"There are a lot of projects like the MNREGA, Indira Awaas Yojna, Regular Employment Schemes etc that were tailormade for the poor and to provide them better living, but unfortunately graft has made a mess of the whole system," Gop said, adding that "through his own system" he would keep a tab on the functioning of his officials and ensure a transparent format in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh
- BJP has no CM candidate in UP: Digvijaya
- Mamata flays PM Modi for destroying federalism, growing 'saffronisation'