Development work to be videographed in UP
Lucknow: In a bid to check corruption and use of sub-standard material in construction work in the rural areas, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to get all works video-graphed.
The directives were issued by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Rural Development Arvind Singh `Gop` to officials on Friday.
Asking officials to get every development activity videographed, Gop said any callousness with regards to development work in the countryside would be taken seriously and severe punitive action will be taken against officials.
"I have warned the officials to get out of the old mindset and start afresh with priorities that are in sync with the promises made by the Samajwadi Party (SP) government," he said on Saturday.
Arvind Singh `Gop` further said that he would soon be travelling to rural areas and see for himself what work was going on, and whether the standards were being maintained or not.
The minister also asked officials to make regular trips to villages and blocks and keep an eye on projects that were aimed at benefitting the poor.
"There are a lot of projects like the MNREGA, Indira Awaas Yojna, Regular Employment Schemes etc that were tailormade for the poor and to provide them better living, but unfortunately graft has made a mess of the whole system," Gop said, adding that "through his own system" he would keep a tab on the functioning of his officials and ensure a transparent format in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Bleaching kills 35 percent of coral in Great Barrier Reef
- WATCH: Relive Virat Kohli's dream run at IPL 2016 - Here's what the run machine did!
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money