Development work to be videographed in UP
Lucknow: In a bid to check corruption and use of sub-standard material in construction work in the rural areas, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to get all works video-graphed.
The directives were issued by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Rural Development Arvind Singh `Gop` to officials on Friday.
Asking officials to get every development activity videographed, Gop said any callousness with regards to development work in the countryside would be taken seriously and severe punitive action will be taken against officials.
"I have warned the officials to get out of the old mindset and start afresh with priorities that are in sync with the promises made by the Samajwadi Party (SP) government," he said on Saturday.
Arvind Singh `Gop` further said that he would soon be travelling to rural areas and see for himself what work was going on, and whether the standards were being maintained or not.
The minister also asked officials to make regular trips to villages and blocks and keep an eye on projects that were aimed at benefitting the poor.
"There are a lot of projects like the MNREGA, Indira Awaas Yojna, Regular Employment Schemes etc that were tailormade for the poor and to provide them better living, but unfortunately graft has made a mess of the whole system," Gop said, adding that "through his own system" he would keep a tab on the functioning of his officials and ensure a transparent format in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla