Development would be main issue in 2014 polls: Akh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and SP leader Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday said efforts of major political parties to polarise voters ahead of 2014 general elections would not work because development is the main issue for people.
"Efforts of parties to polarise voters ahead of next elections will not be successful... These days people are more informed and they will vote keeping in mind good works of parties," Akhilesh told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
He launched development projects worth Rs 3414.27 crore. Akhilesh said only political parties which have worked on development and providing employment to youths and facilities to farmers would be successful in next year`s polls.
He claimed that during SP`s one-and-a-half year regime in UP, sectors like health, education, road and power had witnessed development.
Blaming the previous Mayawati government for incomplete road projects, Akhilesh said his government aims to connect district headquarters with four-lane roads and work has already been started in 12 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown