Devotees take dip in Ganga on Kartik Poornima
Moradabad: Lakhs of devotees took a holy dip in Ganga river on the occasion of Kartik Poornima at Tigri Ghat in Moradabad district this morning.
The Ganga `snan` mela, which was inaugurated by Moradabad Commissioner Shankar Singh with `dugdhabhishek` (offerings) on November 12, saw lakhs of devotees taking a dip in the holy river on the final day.
Amroha SP Subhash Singh Bahgel said several safety measures were adopted by the the police.
Except for two cases of drowning and two accidents, the Ganga `snan` went off peacefully, he said.
Railways has facilitated devotees by running special trains from Moradabad to Delhi, with express trains stopping at Garh station on November 17 and 18, ADRM Moradabad Hitendar Malhotra said.
Sr Divisional Operating Manager, General, Shamsher Singh, who is camping at the Garh station, said several facilities have been provided for the convenience of devotees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you