Devotees take dip in Ganga on Kartik Poornima
Moradabad: Lakhs of devotees took a holy dip in Ganga river on the occasion of Kartik Poornima at Tigri Ghat in Moradabad district this morning.
The Ganga `snan` mela, which was inaugurated by Moradabad Commissioner Shankar Singh with `dugdhabhishek` (offerings) on November 12, saw lakhs of devotees taking a dip in the holy river on the final day.
Amroha SP Subhash Singh Bahgel said several safety measures were adopted by the the police.
Except for two cases of drowning and two accidents, the Ganga `snan` went off peacefully, he said.
Railways has facilitated devotees by running special trains from Moradabad to Delhi, with express trains stopping at Garh station on November 17 and 18, ADRM Moradabad Hitendar Malhotra said.
Sr Divisional Operating Manager, General, Shamsher Singh, who is camping at the Garh station, said several facilities have been provided for the convenience of devotees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WATCH: SPINE-CHILLING! Goldberg makes WWE debut, spears The Rock!
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments
- Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli appears likely to lose no-confidence vote