Devotees take dip in Ganga on Kartik Poornima
Moradabad: Lakhs of devotees took a holy dip in Ganga river on the occasion of Kartik Poornima at Tigri Ghat in Moradabad district this morning.
The Ganga `snan` mela, which was inaugurated by Moradabad Commissioner Shankar Singh with `dugdhabhishek` (offerings) on November 12, saw lakhs of devotees taking a dip in the holy river on the final day.
Amroha SP Subhash Singh Bahgel said several safety measures were adopted by the the police.
Except for two cases of drowning and two accidents, the Ganga `snan` went off peacefully, he said.
Railways has facilitated devotees by running special trains from Moradabad to Delhi, with express trains stopping at Garh station on November 17 and 18, ADRM Moradabad Hitendar Malhotra said.
Sr Divisional Operating Manager, General, Shamsher Singh, who is camping at the Garh station, said several facilities have been provided for the convenience of devotees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan