DIGs to face music for law and order problems: Akhilesh
Unnao (Uttar Pradesh): Facing Opposition attack over the alleged failure to control crime graph in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said in case of any complaint of law and order problem action will now be taken against officers of DIG rank instead of lower staff.
"Constables and sub-inspectors will not be held guilty for law and order problems. Officers of DIG rank will be punished in such cases", Yadav said while launching Dr Ram Manohar Lohia village housing scheme here.
Taking potshots at the previous BSP government, Yadav said that unlike previous regime the budget and sacks have been arranged for wheat purchase and arrangements made to directly make payment to farmers through RTGS in their accounts.
Yadav claimed that his government has made a record of running Vidhan Sabha sessions and said that in previous BSP regime short sessions were held so that legislators could not air their grievances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley