DIGs to face music for law and order problems: Akhilesh
Unnao (Uttar Pradesh): Facing Opposition attack over the alleged failure to control crime graph in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said in case of any complaint of law and order problem action will now be taken against officers of DIG rank instead of lower staff.
"Constables and sub-inspectors will not be held guilty for law and order problems. Officers of DIG rank will be punished in such cases", Yadav said while launching Dr Ram Manohar Lohia village housing scheme here.
Taking potshots at the previous BSP government, Yadav said that unlike previous regime the budget and sacks have been arranged for wheat purchase and arrangements made to directly make payment to farmers through RTGS in their accounts.
Yadav claimed that his government has made a record of running Vidhan Sabha sessions and said that in previous BSP regime short sessions were held so that legislators could not air their grievances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority