Digvijay backs Bansal, Ashwani
Kanpur: Union minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, under fire over an alleged Railway bribery scandal, on Thursday got a backing from Congress leader Digvijay Singh who said BJP or any other party has no right to seek his resignation.
"Everyone has relatives and you don`t know all the time what they are doing," Digvijay said, referring to the arrest of Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla in connection with the case.
Digvijay also defended Ashwani Kumar, claiming that the Law Minister "did not influence the CBI investigation".
Taking a dig at BJP over its Karnataka defeat, Digvijay claimed the verdict came as a rejection of "divisive" policies of BJP and RSS.
"RSS worked hard to divide the society in Gujarat, but people of Karnataka are very sensible and they rejected its ideology," Digvijay said.
The Congress general secretary claimed Narendra Modi has been "much hyped" by the media and "his magic is limited to Gujarat only".
When asked about Supreme Court`s stinging remarks on CBI yesterday, Digvijay said the apex court had "praised the agency" for its probe in the 2G scam, in which "a minister and a number of officials were sent to jail".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog