Digvijay criticizes EC`s decision on statues issue
New Delhi: Notwithstanding Congress backing
the Election Commission`s direction to the Mayawati government
on the statues issue, senior leader Digvijay Singh was on Sunday
critical of the constitutional body`s decision, saying it
should have frozen the BSP symbol `elephant` in the run-up to
the Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh.
"If the EC had a problem with elephants, then they should
have frozen the symbol. How many elephants can be covered?
They can cover the statues of elephants but what about living
elephants. I don`t agree with this decision," he told
Singh`s remarks comes days after Congress fully supported
the EC`s direction.
Mayawati today accused the EC of succumbing to Congress
pressure by directing her government to drape her statues as
also that of the BSP symbol `elephant`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say