Digvijay criticizes EC`s decision on statues issue
New Delhi: Notwithstanding Congress backing
the Election Commission`s direction to the Mayawati government
on the statues issue, senior leader Digvijay Singh was on Sunday
critical of the constitutional body`s decision, saying it
should have frozen the BSP symbol `elephant` in the run-up to
the Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh.
"If the EC had a problem with elephants, then they should
have frozen the symbol. How many elephants can be covered?
They can cover the statues of elephants but what about living
elephants. I don`t agree with this decision," he told
Singh`s remarks comes days after Congress fully supported
the EC`s direction.
Mayawati today accused the EC of succumbing to Congress
pressure by directing her government to drape her statues as
also that of the BSP symbol `elephant`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred