Digvijay flays law and order situation in UP
Meerut: Expressing anguish over the law and
order situation in Uttar Pradesh, senior Congress leader
Digvijay Singh on Tuesday alleged that the only concern of the BSP
government was "to earn money" with no regard for security of
Singh, who was here to console the family of slain
Congress leader Amarpal Singh, said, "The murder was committed
in broad daylight and it is astonishing that there is still no
proof. The police must be given more time to work out the
Former MP Amarpal was gunned down by unidentified
assailants in the city recently.
Talking to reporters outside the house of the late
leader, Singh said, "Amarpal Singh was an honest person and
his death has resulted in a big loss for the party. Congress
stands with his family seeking Justice for him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria