Digvijay pitches for comprehensive inquiry into UP violence
New Delhi: Suspecting "some mischief" for political gains, Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Monday made a strong pitch for a comprehensive inquiry to find out why Uttar Pradesh was having communal violence so often for the past one year.
"A comprehensive inquiry is indeed needed to find out why riota are happening in UP so often in last 1 year. Maybe some mischief for political gains," he said on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
The Congress general secretary, who was till recently in charge of party affairs in UP, said in another tweet, "While it’s unlikely that a national party would do mischief to instigate UP riots, at state and local levels, some party leaders might be involved!"
Singh had yesterday hit out at Akhilesh Yadav government in the wake of communal violence in Muzaffarnagar.
"SP government`s track-record in this tenure is bad. Haven`t been able to control communal forces in Uttar Pradesh, even BSP`s was better," Singh had tweeted.
The Congress leader had also attacked BJP saying non-BJP ruled states need to be more careful in the wake of communal violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam