Digvijay slams BJP for honouring UP MLAs facing Muzaffarnagar riots charges
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh today said that BJP and Narendra Modi have shown their true colours by honouring those MLAs of the party who are facing charges of having fomented recent riots in Uttar Pradesh.
"Where has Modi`s Inclusive Politics gone?" the Congress General Secretary said in a post on micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Would Shahnawaz (Hussain), Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and the Minority Wing of BJP please comment on this?" Singh added.
He said that the difference was that while the UPA government was awarding the Bharat Ratna to eminent personalities like CNR Rao and Sachin Tendulkar, BJP chose to honour the accused for their role in Muzaffarnagar riots.
Uttar Pradesh BJP MLAs Sangeet Som and Suresh Rana were yesterday felicitated at a rally in Agra which was later addressed by Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?