Digvijay slams BJP for honouring UP MLAs facing Muzaffarnagar riots charges
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh today said that BJP and Narendra Modi have shown their true colours by honouring those MLAs of the party who are facing charges of having fomented recent riots in Uttar Pradesh.
"Where has Modi`s Inclusive Politics gone?" the Congress General Secretary said in a post on micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Would Shahnawaz (Hussain), Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and the Minority Wing of BJP please comment on this?" Singh added.
He said that the difference was that while the UPA government was awarding the Bharat Ratna to eminent personalities like CNR Rao and Sachin Tendulkar, BJP chose to honour the accused for their role in Muzaffarnagar riots.
Uttar Pradesh BJP MLAs Sangeet Som and Suresh Rana were yesterday felicitated at a rally in Agra which was later addressed by Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened