Digvijay slams BJP for honouring UP MLAs facing Muzaffarnagar riots charges
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh today said that BJP and Narendra Modi have shown their true colours by honouring those MLAs of the party who are facing charges of having fomented recent riots in Uttar Pradesh.
"Where has Modi`s Inclusive Politics gone?" the Congress General Secretary said in a post on micro-blogging site Twitter.
"Would Shahnawaz (Hussain), Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and the Minority Wing of BJP please comment on this?" Singh added.
He said that the difference was that while the UPA government was awarding the Bharat Ratna to eminent personalities like CNR Rao and Sachin Tendulkar, BJP chose to honour the accused for their role in Muzaffarnagar riots.
Uttar Pradesh BJP MLAs Sangeet Som and Suresh Rana were yesterday felicitated at a rally in Agra which was later addressed by Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic