Digvijay willing to contest LS election from Varanasi
Bhopal: Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Monday said he is ready to contest Lok Sabha election from Varanasi against Narendra Modi, if the party nominates him.
"I am willing to contest from Varanasi, but the party has to first give me ticket for contesting from there," Digvijay told reporters at his residence.
There has been speculation that the Congress may field Singh against Modi from the temple city in Uttar Pradesh.
The Congress is looking to field a strong candidate against Modi while Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal has also decided to enter the electoral fray from Varanasi against the BJP PM candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list