Dimple collects victory certificate, thanks voters
Lucknow: Dimple Yadav, wife of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, on Tuesday collected her electoral victory certificate from Kannauj District Magistrate Selva Kumari J.
Accompanied by her husband, the 35-year-old Dimple later went to the Teela temple and offered prayers to the deity.
On the way, she was greeted by hundreds of party supporters and she thanked them for their support, love and blessings.
Dimple won the Kannauj Lok Sabha by-elections unopposed after all the candidates in the fray against her withdrew their nominations in her favour.
The Bahujan Samaj party (BSP) and the Congress had not fielded candidates while the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had made a last minute announcement to contest the polls. Its candidate however could not make it for nominations.
Interacting with the media later, Akhilesh Yadav said that Kannauj would witness all-round development. He also said that his government was trying its best to find a way out of the power crisis and added that the foundation laying stone of a 1980 MW thermal power plant at Ghatampur in Kanpur Monday was a step in this direction.
Yadav also assured the people of Kannauj of upgrading the Medical College at Tirva and opening of a new engineering college in Kannauj. Akhilesh Yadav represented the Kannauj Lok Sabha seat in Parliament thrice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH