Dimple Yadav moves HC against election petition
Allahabad: Samajwadi Party MP Dimple Yadav on Thursday moved Allahabad High Court seeking to quash a petition challenging her election from Kannauj Lok Sabha seat in a by-poll held earlier this year.
Dimple`s counsel KR Singh submitted the application under Section 86(1) of the Representation of the People Act before single-judge bench of Justice Devendra Pratap Singh in response to the election petition of Prabhat Pandey.
Admitting the plea, Justice Singh asked the petitioner to file his reply to the application by December 17 and directed the opposite parties to file their reply, if any, by December 21.
The court fixed January 9, 2013 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
Pandey had challenged the unopposed election of the UP chief minister`s wife as MP on the ground that he was prevented from filing their nomination papers for the Kannauj Lok Sabha by-election held in June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?