Dimple Yadav moves HC against election petition
Allahabad: Samajwadi Party MP Dimple Yadav on Thursday moved Allahabad High Court seeking to quash a petition challenging her election from Kannauj Lok Sabha seat in a by-poll held earlier this year.
Dimple`s counsel KR Singh submitted the application under Section 86(1) of the Representation of the People Act before single-judge bench of Justice Devendra Pratap Singh in response to the election petition of Prabhat Pandey.
Admitting the plea, Justice Singh asked the petitioner to file his reply to the application by December 17 and directed the opposite parties to file their reply, if any, by December 21.
The court fixed January 9, 2013 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
Pandey had challenged the unopposed election of the UP chief minister`s wife as MP on the ground that he was prevented from filing their nomination papers for the Kannauj Lok Sabha by-election held in June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'