Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj?
Agra: Dimple Yadav could be the Samjwadi Party candidate for the Kannauj Lok Sabha seat once the seat is vacated by her husband and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, party sources said on Wednesday.
Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav apparently favours the candidature of Dimple Yadav, the sources told a news agency here.
Dimple Yadav lost the Firozabad by-election in November 2009 to actor-turned-politician Raj Babbar after he defected to the Congress. The defeat led to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh parting ways.
The Samajwadi Party took power this month in Uttar Pradesh with a thumping majority in the 403-member house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!