Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj?
Agra: Dimple Yadav could be the Samjwadi Party candidate for the Kannauj Lok Sabha seat once the seat is vacated by her husband and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, party sources said on Wednesday.
Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav apparently favours the candidature of Dimple Yadav, the sources told a news agency here.
Dimple Yadav lost the Firozabad by-election in November 2009 to actor-turned-politician Raj Babbar after he defected to the Congress. The defeat led to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh parting ways.
The Samajwadi Party took power this month in Uttar Pradesh with a thumping majority in the 403-member house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice