Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj?
Agra: Dimple Yadav could be the Samjwadi Party candidate for the Kannauj Lok Sabha seat once the seat is vacated by her husband and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, party sources said on Wednesday.
Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav apparently favours the candidature of Dimple Yadav, the sources told a news agency here.
Dimple Yadav lost the Firozabad by-election in November 2009 to actor-turned-politician Raj Babbar after he defected to the Congress. The defeat led to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh parting ways.
The Samajwadi Party took power this month in Uttar Pradesh with a thumping majority in the 403-member house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!