Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj?
Agra: Dimple Yadav could be the Samjwadi Party candidate for the Kannauj Lok Sabha seat once the seat is vacated by her husband and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, party sources said on Wednesday.
Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav apparently favours the candidature of Dimple Yadav, the sources told a news agency here.
Dimple Yadav lost the Firozabad by-election in November 2009 to actor-turned-politician Raj Babbar after he defected to the Congress. The defeat led to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh parting ways.
The Samajwadi Party took power this month in Uttar Pradesh with a thumping majority in the 403-member house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation