Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj?
Agra: Dimple Yadav could be the Samjwadi Party candidate for the Kannauj Lok Sabha seat once the seat is vacated by her husband and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, party sources said on Wednesday.
Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav apparently favours the candidature of Dimple Yadav, the sources told a news agency here.
Dimple Yadav lost the Firozabad by-election in November 2009 to actor-turned-politician Raj Babbar after he defected to the Congress. The defeat led to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh parting ways.
The Samajwadi Party took power this month in Uttar Pradesh with a thumping majority in the 403-member house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!