Dimple Yadav to contest Kannauj bypoll
Lucknow: It seems Samajwadi Party is quite confident after winning the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections as the party has decided to field Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s wife Dimple Yadav as party’s candidate for the Kannauj Lok Sabha constituency, which goes for a bypoll on June 24.
According to the Election Commission (EC), the votes will be counted on June 27.
The notification for the bypoll would be issued on May 30. The last date for filing nominations is June 06 and the last date for withdrawal of nominations has been fixed on June 09.
The Kannauj seat fell vacant after its three-time member of Parliament Akhilesh Yadav was elected as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, forcing a bypoll.
Interestingly, Dimple Yadav lost the Firozabad by-election in November 2009 to actor-turned-politician Raj Babbar after he defected to the Congress. The defeat led to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh parting ways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical