Dishonor Killing: Father burns daughter to death
Meerut: In a case of dishonor killing, an unmarried girl was allegedly burnt to death by her father and uncle for refusing to marry the chosen groom at Hasanpur village in Kithaur district here, police said on Friday.
Pooja was dumped in a silo and set ablaze on Thursday by her father Iqbal and his brother after she refused to marry, they said.
The deceased Pooja and her elder sister Jyoti were to be married on Friday, however, they were unhappy with their respective matches and rejected the alliance last night following which their relatives beat the girls, police said.
Apparently upset over the beating, Pooja allegedly consumed poison after which her father and uncle burnt her alive in a silo instead of taking the girl to a hospital, police added.
The girl`s body has been recovered from the silo and has been sent for the post mortem, they said, adding, the efforts are on to trace the absconding culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed