Dishonour killing: Father among two persons held
Mainpuri: Days after an 18-year-old
girl was killed for honour, police have arrested her father
and a relative in connection with the murder.
Rashmi was found dead on Nadrala bridge in Kurra area on
January 26 and a post-mortem revealed that she was two months
pregnant, police said on Friday.
The girl`s father Ganesh Shakya and his nephew Kamalesh
were arrested yesterday and they allegedly confessed that they
killed Rashmi after she became pregnant, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors