Dishonour killing: Father among two persons held
Mainpuri: Days after an 18-year-old
girl was killed for honour, police have arrested her father
and a relative in connection with the murder.
Rashmi was found dead on Nadrala bridge in Kurra area on
January 26 and a post-mortem revealed that she was two months
pregnant, police said on Friday.
The girl`s father Ganesh Shakya and his nephew Kamalesh
were arrested yesterday and they allegedly confessed that they
killed Rashmi after she became pregnant, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP