Dishonour killing: Girl beheaded by brother
Bahraich: In a suspected case of honour killing, a 20-year-old girl was beheaded by her brother in Rabipur area of the district, police said on Sunday.
"Mahroon, who wanted to marry a 50-year-old person of Tajpur village in Rabipur area of the district, was beheaded by her brother Nanke," Police Superintendent Vinay Kumar Yadav said.
On the complaint filed by the deceased`s father, police have recovered the body and sent it for post mortem, Yadav said.
Nanke was arrested yesterday and a case has been registered against him under various sections of IPC, police said, adding further investigations are on in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says