Dishonour killing: Girl beheaded by brother
Bahraich: In a suspected case of honour killing, a 20-year-old girl was beheaded by her brother in Rabipur area of the district, police said on Sunday.
"Mahroon, who wanted to marry a 50-year-old person of Tajpur village in Rabipur area of the district, was beheaded by her brother Nanke," Police Superintendent Vinay Kumar Yadav said.
On the complaint filed by the deceased`s father, police have recovered the body and sent it for post mortem, Yadav said.
Nanke was arrested yesterday and a case has been registered against him under various sections of IPC, police said, adding further investigations are on in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday