Dishonour killing: Girl beheaded by brother
Bahraich: In a suspected case of honour killing, a 20-year-old girl was beheaded by her brother in Rabipur area of the district, police said on Sunday.
"Mahroon, who wanted to marry a 50-year-old person of Tajpur village in Rabipur area of the district, was beheaded by her brother Nanke," Police Superintendent Vinay Kumar Yadav said.
On the complaint filed by the deceased`s father, police have recovered the body and sent it for post mortem, Yadav said.
Nanke was arrested yesterday and a case has been registered against him under various sections of IPC, police said, adding further investigations are on in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!