Dishonour killing: Girl beheaded by brother
Bahraich: In a suspected case of honour killing, a 20-year-old girl was beheaded by her brother in Rabipur area of the district, police said on Sunday.
"Mahroon, who wanted to marry a 50-year-old person of Tajpur village in Rabipur area of the district, was beheaded by her brother Nanke," Police Superintendent Vinay Kumar Yadav said.
On the complaint filed by the deceased`s father, police have recovered the body and sent it for post mortem, Yadav said.
Nanke was arrested yesterday and a case has been registered against him under various sections of IPC, police said, adding further investigations are on in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India