Dishonour killing: Girl killed by father over `illicit` relation
Lucknow: In yet another killing in the name
of honour, a teenage girl was murdered in Gautam Buddha Nagar
allegedly by her father and brother who suspected she was an
having an illicit relationship with her uncle, police said
Chowkidar of Jaitpur village, Suresh, yesterday informed
the police that Mamchand Jatav had allegedly killed his
daughter Monica, 16, and disposed of her body, Additional
Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters here.
"Jatav and his son Lalit were today arrested after
investigations revealed that the duo had killed Monica," he
During interrogation, Jatav told police that Monica had
developed an illicit relationship with his uncle and fearing
social boycott he killed her and disposed of the body in a
canal in Bulandshahr, the ADG claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Lalu Prasad Yadav meets flood victims in Bihar, says 'they are lucky to have got Gangajal in their houses'
- BCCI for transparency in awarding IPL media rights
- Cow vigilantism? Two Dalits thrashed in Gujarat for refusing to clear carcass of calf
- 'Arvind Kejriwal fooling people of Goa by making tall promises'
- Kashmir like volcano about to erupt, says AK Antony