Dishonour killing: Man arrested for killing daughter in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A month after a girl was found dead, police has claimed to crack the case by arresting her father for killing her for `honour` in Nasirpur village here.
21-year-old Meenakshi was in a relationship with a boy of the same village and wanted to marry him, but her father Surajmal was against it, said SSP Manjil Saini.
Following a heated argument on March 17, 2013, Surajmal shot dead his daughter.
During the interrogation held yesterday, Surajmal confessed to have killed Meenakshi for tarnishing the family`s name, she said.
He has been arrested in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city