Dishonour killing: Man arrested for killing daughter in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A month after a girl was found dead, police has claimed to crack the case by arresting her father for killing her for `honour` in Nasirpur village here.
21-year-old Meenakshi was in a relationship with a boy of the same village and wanted to marry him, but her father Surajmal was against it, said SSP Manjil Saini.
Following a heated argument on March 17, 2013, Surajmal shot dead his daughter.
During the interrogation held yesterday, Surajmal confessed to have killed Meenakshi for tarnishing the family`s name, she said.
He has been arrested in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- RIL, BP spend Rs 4,500 crore to maintain gas output at KG-D6
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster