Dishonour killing: Man arrested for killing daughter in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A month after a girl was found dead, police has claimed to crack the case by arresting her father for killing her for `honour` in Nasirpur village here.
21-year-old Meenakshi was in a relationship with a boy of the same village and wanted to marry him, but her father Surajmal was against it, said SSP Manjil Saini.
Following a heated argument on March 17, 2013, Surajmal shot dead his daughter.
During the interrogation held yesterday, Surajmal confessed to have killed Meenakshi for tarnishing the family`s name, she said.
He has been arrested in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers