Dishonour killing: Man kills daughter, lover in UP
Bheemnagar (UP): In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a man allegedly killed his daughter and her lover in Rajpura town here, a senior police officer said on Saturday.
Muftaan Fakiri killed his daughter Chandni, 17, and her lover Kallua late last night, SP Tehsiladar Singh said.
According to police, Kallua was married and had two children, adding that he had came to meet Chandni last night when Fakiri attacked the couple with a knife and slit their throats.
Fakiri is absconding after the incident and efforts are on to arrest him, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal