Dishonour killing: Man kills minor daughter for eloping
Noida: In an apparent case of honour
killing, a minor girl was allegedly killed by her father for
eloping with her married neighbour at a village in Noida.
Karamvir Singh, a resident of Yakootpur village, was
today arrested on the charge of killing his 15-year-old
daughter, the police said, adding that Singh`s two nephews who
have also been booked for destroying evidence were absconding.
According to the police, the girl had eloped with
Sanjay, a married young man from the same village, on February
28. But due to the family pressure, she returned the next day,
when her father allegedly killed her. Later, the body was
burnt near Yamuna river embankment.
The incident came to light when some locals apparently
reported the incident to the police.
Superintendent of Police Anant Dev told reporters, "It
was honour killing. The accused has confessed to it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie