Dishonour killing: Man kills minor daughter for eloping
Noida: In an apparent case of honour
killing, a minor girl was allegedly killed by her father for
eloping with her married neighbour at a village in Noida.
Karamvir Singh, a resident of Yakootpur village, was
today arrested on the charge of killing his 15-year-old
daughter, the police said, adding that Singh`s two nephews who
have also been booked for destroying evidence were absconding.
According to the police, the girl had eloped with
Sanjay, a married young man from the same village, on February
28. But due to the family pressure, she returned the next day,
when her father allegedly killed her. Later, the body was
burnt near Yamuna river embankment.
The incident came to light when some locals apparently
reported the incident to the police.
Superintendent of Police Anant Dev told reporters, "It
was honour killing. The accused has confessed to it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!