Dishonour killing: Man kills minor daughter for eloping
Noida: In an apparent case of honour
killing, a minor girl was allegedly killed by her father for
eloping with her married neighbour at a village in Noida.
Karamvir Singh, a resident of Yakootpur village, was
today arrested on the charge of killing his 15-year-old
daughter, the police said, adding that Singh`s two nephews who
have also been booked for destroying evidence were absconding.
According to the police, the girl had eloped with
Sanjay, a married young man from the same village, on February
28. But due to the family pressure, she returned the next day,
when her father allegedly killed her. Later, the body was
burnt near Yamuna river embankment.
The incident came to light when some locals apparently
reported the incident to the police.
Superintendent of Police Anant Dev told reporters, "It
was honour killing. The accused has confessed to it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video