Dishonour killing: Parents among five sentenced to life
Badaun: Nearly three years after a girl was killed for dishonour here, a court on Tuesday sentenced her parents and three others to life imprisonment.
Additional District Judge SN Tripathi sentenced Kundanlal, his wife Saroj and three others including the girl`s uncle for killing Puja on May 31, 2010.
The incident was stated to be fallout of the girl`s relationship with a youth.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 56,000 on each of the convicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah