Dishonour killing: Parents among five sentenced to life
Badaun: Nearly three years after a girl was killed for dishonour here, a court on Tuesday sentenced her parents and three others to life imprisonment.
Additional District Judge SN Tripathi sentenced Kundanlal, his wife Saroj and three others including the girl`s uncle for killing Puja on May 31, 2010.
The incident was stated to be fallout of the girl`s relationship with a youth.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 56,000 on each of the convicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends