Dishonour killing: Parents among five sentenced to life
Badaun: Nearly three years after a girl was killed for dishonour here, a court on Tuesday sentenced her parents and three others to life imprisonment.
Additional District Judge SN Tripathi sentenced Kundanlal, his wife Saroj and three others including the girl`s uncle for killing Puja on May 31, 2010.
The incident was stated to be fallout of the girl`s relationship with a youth.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 56,000 on each of the convicts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane