Dishonour killing: Parents among five sentenced to life
Badaun: Nearly three years after a girl was killed for dishonour here, a court on Tuesday sentenced her parents and three others to life imprisonment.
Additional District Judge SN Tripathi sentenced Kundanlal, his wife Saroj and three others including the girl`s uncle for killing Puja on May 31, 2010.
The incident was stated to be fallout of the girl`s relationship with a youth.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 56,000 on each of the convicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today