Dishonour killing: Parents among five sentenced to life
Badaun: Nearly three years after a girl was killed for dishonour here, a court on Tuesday sentenced her parents and three others to life imprisonment.
Additional District Judge SN Tripathi sentenced Kundanlal, his wife Saroj and three others including the girl`s uncle for killing Puja on May 31, 2010.
The incident was stated to be fallout of the girl`s relationship with a youth.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 56,000 on each of the convicts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore