District admn orders probe in security breach of Rahul Gandhi
Kanpur: The Kanpur district administration
on Tuesday ordered an inquiry into the alleged security breach and
lathicharge of Congress workers and journalists during Rahul
District Magistrate Mukesh Meshram said that a probe
has been ordered into the incident and whosoever found guilty
will be prosecuted.
ADM City Shailendra Kumar will probe the incident and
file his report in three days, he said.
Denying the charges levelled by Congress state
President Rita Bahuguna Joshi that adequate arrangements were
not made by the district administration for Gandhi`s visit, he
said the area around the Hallet hospital was guarded by police
but when some Congress workers started shouting slogans the
situation went out of control.
Yesterday, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi visited the
Hallet Hospital here to meet the 16-year-old Dalit girl maimed
for resisting a rape attempt.
Outside the hospital, Congress workers raised slogans
against the Mayawati government and clashed with police, who
used lathis to chase them away. Six persons, including three
journalists, were injured in the incident.
Also, two vehicles had entered Gandhi`s cavalcade
Joshi has said that she will file a complaint with the
Home Ministry regarding the security breach of Rahul Gandhi
and also demanded an inquiry into the incident.
Joshi alleged that though the district administration
was informed about Gandhi`s visit, proper arrangements were
"It shows that the state government was lax as far as
security of Gandhi is concerned," she said.
She also alleged proper arrangements were not made for
journalists outside Kanpur hospital where Rahul had gone, due
to which some journalists had to suffer injuries.
Joshi also said that the state was not serious
regarding the security of Gandhi as is evident from the fact
that the SPG protected cavalcade of Gandhi had to face
problems at many places.
She said though the SPG will file its report to the
Home Ministry, the state Congress Committee will also file a
separate report highlighting lax attitude and improper
arrangements by the district police.
When media persons can be lathicharged by the police
then how can a common man feel safe, she said.
She said that Rs one lakh was given to the girl`s
family for her treatment on Gandhi`s direction and if needed
more money will be given for the treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire