District admn orders probe in security breach of Rahul Gandhi
Kanpur: The Kanpur district administration
on Tuesday ordered an inquiry into the alleged security breach and
lathicharge of Congress workers and journalists during Rahul
District Magistrate Mukesh Meshram said that a probe
has been ordered into the incident and whosoever found guilty
will be prosecuted.
ADM City Shailendra Kumar will probe the incident and
file his report in three days, he said.
Denying the charges levelled by Congress state
President Rita Bahuguna Joshi that adequate arrangements were
not made by the district administration for Gandhi`s visit, he
said the area around the Hallet hospital was guarded by police
but when some Congress workers started shouting slogans the
situation went out of control.
Yesterday, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi visited the
Hallet Hospital here to meet the 16-year-old Dalit girl maimed
for resisting a rape attempt.
Outside the hospital, Congress workers raised slogans
against the Mayawati government and clashed with police, who
used lathis to chase them away. Six persons, including three
journalists, were injured in the incident.
Also, two vehicles had entered Gandhi`s cavalcade
Joshi has said that she will file a complaint with the
Home Ministry regarding the security breach of Rahul Gandhi
and also demanded an inquiry into the incident.
Joshi alleged that though the district administration
was informed about Gandhi`s visit, proper arrangements were
"It shows that the state government was lax as far as
security of Gandhi is concerned," she said.
She also alleged proper arrangements were not made for
journalists outside Kanpur hospital where Rahul had gone, due
to which some journalists had to suffer injuries.
Joshi also said that the state was not serious
regarding the security of Gandhi as is evident from the fact
that the SPG protected cavalcade of Gandhi had to face
problems at many places.
She said though the SPG will file its report to the
Home Ministry, the state Congress Committee will also file a
separate report highlighting lax attitude and improper
arrangements by the district police.
When media persons can be lathicharged by the police
then how can a common man feel safe, she said.
She said that Rs one lakh was given to the girl`s
family for her treatment on Gandhi`s direction and if needed
more money will be given for the treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations