District magistrates` training for LS polls begins in UP
Lucknow: Training of district magistrates ahead of the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections has started in the state, an official said on Tuesday.
During the three-day training module, which started on Monday and ends on Wednesday, 39 district magistrates (DMs) would be trained on various aspects of the election such as how to conduct free and fair polls.
Three former bureaucrats, with rich experience in conducting polls - Madhukar Dwivedi, Madhusudan Rayzada and RN Singh - have been roped in by the Election Commission of India (ECI) as `master trainers` to conduct the programme.
The DMs, who during the elections would be district electoral officers, are also being educated on issues like paid news, None of the Above (NOTA) option on the electronic voting machines (EVMs), an election official told a news agency.
The EC plans to hold these training schedules in batches of 25 DMs each after which there would be separate training for law enforcement officials, including district police chiefs.
Material related to elections has also been handed over to the officials so that once the Lok Sabha polls notification is issued, no time is lost and the district magistrates get on with their work without "any confusion or ambiguity", the official added.
Uttar Pradesh has 80 Lok Sabha seats and is very crucial for all political parties. With a chequered history of political violence, the state is on the watch of the poll panel and a massive security set-up is likely to be put in place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested