District officials receive threat letter in Mirzapur
Mirzapur: A handwritten letter threatening to kill the District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police has sent the police into a tizzy with strict vigil being launched in this Naxal-infested district.
The letter threatening to kill the top district officials was received on Saturday and prima facie it does not appear to be sent by Naxal or any other organisation, DIG, Rajesh Kumar Srivastava said.
In the preliminary inquiry, it appears to be the mischief of some local person and efforts are on to trace him, he said.
After the letter was received, the SP, Balikaran Yadav had alerted all the police stations and directed for thorough checking.
Railways has also increased vigil on the stations and trains, Yadav said, adding that a copy of the letter has been sent to all police stations to match the handwriting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi