District officials receive threat letter in Mirzapur
Mirzapur: A handwritten letter threatening to kill the District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police has sent the police into a tizzy with strict vigil being launched in this Naxal-infested district.
The letter threatening to kill the top district officials was received on Saturday and prima facie it does not appear to be sent by Naxal or any other organisation, DIG, Rajesh Kumar Srivastava said.
In the preliminary inquiry, it appears to be the mischief of some local person and efforts are on to trace him, he said.
After the letter was received, the SP, Balikaran Yadav had alerted all the police stations and directed for thorough checking.
Railways has also increased vigil on the stations and trains, Yadav said, adding that a copy of the letter has been sent to all police stations to match the handwriting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you