District, police officers in UP told to be more responsive
Greater Noida: Facing flak over poor law and order situation in the state, Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday asked it officials to be more responsive and said they will be held accountable for any negligence in redressal of public grievance.
"As per Chief Minister directions all district level officers will change the work culture and will be accountable for negligence in slackness in public grievance redressal. Strict action will be taken against the officers not resolving public problems on priority," said Uttar Pradesh Principal Secretary (Home) Deepak Singhal today.
Singhal last night met at district and police officials at Noida authority auditorium and issued directions.
He said smallest of incident in the district should be taken seriously and officers will visit the site and resolve the issue to the satisfaction of complainant before it flares up in major clash.
Singhal also informed that as per the CM`s direction Noida authority will spend Rs 100 crore for upgradation of police network system in the city.
"The funds would be spent on setting of new police stations, cyber control room, CCTV camera network, PCR vans," he added.
Singhal directed officers to check illegal mining by conducting joint raids and keeping surveillance.
He told the officials to clamp Goonda act, Gangster act, NSA on mining mafias.
Singhal further directed officers to be sensitive towards "crime against women" and take it on priority and take measures for prevention.
"In case of complaint immediate action should be taken and accused sent to jail," he told the officials.
At the meeting, Noida Chairman Rama Raman, District Magistrate AV Rajamouli and senior police and district officers were present, said Additional District Information Officer Gautam Buddha Nagar Rakesh Chauhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand