DM Saharanpur transferred
Lucknow: District Magistrate of Saharanpur, which recently witnessed communal clashes claiming three lives, was on Monday night transferred in a major reshuffle of Uttar Pradesh bureaucracy.
Joint Magistrates of Moradabad and Meerut, which too were hit by communal tension recently, were also shifted, a Home department official said.
DM Saharanpur Sandhya Tiwari has been shifted as Special Secretary, Food and Civil Supplies and her place went to DM Faizabad Indraveer Singh Yadav.
Joint Magistrate Moradabad, Mahendra Bahadur Singh, has been shifted to Sitapur, while his counterpart in Meerut Navneet Singh Chahal, was posted as Chief Development Officer (CDO) of Chandauli.
The alleged gang-rape of a woman and religious conversion had triggered communal tension in Meerut while a row over use of public address system at a place of worship in Moradabad led to group clashes recently.
The reshuffle involved 21 IAS and eight IPS officers, including district magistrates and police chiefs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP