DM Saharanpur transferred
Lucknow: District Magistrate of Saharanpur, which recently witnessed communal clashes claiming three lives, was on Monday night transferred in a major reshuffle of Uttar Pradesh bureaucracy.
Joint Magistrates of Moradabad and Meerut, which too were hit by communal tension recently, were also shifted, a Home department official said.
DM Saharanpur Sandhya Tiwari has been shifted as Special Secretary, Food and Civil Supplies and her place went to DM Faizabad Indraveer Singh Yadav.
Joint Magistrate Moradabad, Mahendra Bahadur Singh, has been shifted to Sitapur, while his counterpart in Meerut Navneet Singh Chahal, was posted as Chief Development Officer (CDO) of Chandauli.
The alleged gang-rape of a woman and religious conversion had triggered communal tension in Meerut while a row over use of public address system at a place of worship in Moradabad led to group clashes recently.
The reshuffle involved 21 IAS and eight IPS officers, including district magistrates and police chiefs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way