DM Saharanpur transferred
Lucknow: District Magistrate of Saharanpur, which recently witnessed communal clashes claiming three lives, was on Monday night transferred in a major reshuffle of Uttar Pradesh bureaucracy.
Joint Magistrates of Moradabad and Meerut, which too were hit by communal tension recently, were also shifted, a Home department official said.
DM Saharanpur Sandhya Tiwari has been shifted as Special Secretary, Food and Civil Supplies and her place went to DM Faizabad Indraveer Singh Yadav.
Joint Magistrate Moradabad, Mahendra Bahadur Singh, has been shifted to Sitapur, while his counterpart in Meerut Navneet Singh Chahal, was posted as Chief Development Officer (CDO) of Chandauli.
The alleged gang-rape of a woman and religious conversion had triggered communal tension in Meerut while a row over use of public address system at a place of worship in Moradabad led to group clashes recently.
The reshuffle involved 21 IAS and eight IPS officers, including district magistrates and police chiefs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan