DM Saharanpur transferred
Lucknow: District Magistrate of Saharanpur, which recently witnessed communal clashes claiming three lives, was on Monday night transferred in a major reshuffle of Uttar Pradesh bureaucracy.
Joint Magistrates of Moradabad and Meerut, which too were hit by communal tension recently, were also shifted, a Home department official said.
DM Saharanpur Sandhya Tiwari has been shifted as Special Secretary, Food and Civil Supplies and her place went to DM Faizabad Indraveer Singh Yadav.
Joint Magistrate Moradabad, Mahendra Bahadur Singh, has been shifted to Sitapur, while his counterpart in Meerut Navneet Singh Chahal, was posted as Chief Development Officer (CDO) of Chandauli.
The alleged gang-rape of a woman and religious conversion had triggered communal tension in Meerut while a row over use of public address system at a place of worship in Moradabad led to group clashes recently.
The reshuffle involved 21 IAS and eight IPS officers, including district magistrates and police chiefs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's ''unfinished agenda'' is to retrieve illegally occupied part of J&K: Jitendra Singh
- Skoda Octavia vRS to make its way to India very soon?
- PNB profit more than halves to Rs 306 crore in Q1
- Chennai-bound Oman Air flight makes emergency landing in Goa
- 'Baar Baar Dekho': Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma' breaks all records, rejoices 4.3 million views in 1 day!