DM Saharanpur transferred
Lucknow: District Magistrate of Saharanpur, which recently witnessed communal clashes claiming three lives, was on Monday night transferred in a major reshuffle of Uttar Pradesh bureaucracy.
Joint Magistrates of Moradabad and Meerut, which too were hit by communal tension recently, were also shifted, a Home department official said.
DM Saharanpur Sandhya Tiwari has been shifted as Special Secretary, Food and Civil Supplies and her place went to DM Faizabad Indraveer Singh Yadav.
Joint Magistrate Moradabad, Mahendra Bahadur Singh, has been shifted to Sitapur, while his counterpart in Meerut Navneet Singh Chahal, was posted as Chief Development Officer (CDO) of Chandauli.
The alleged gang-rape of a woman and religious conversion had triggered communal tension in Meerut while a row over use of public address system at a place of worship in Moradabad led to group clashes recently.
The reshuffle involved 21 IAS and eight IPS officers, including district magistrates and police chiefs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends