DMs to distribute natural calamity within 24 hrs: UP
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
directed all the District Magistrates to distribute the
ex-gratia to the kin of a person killed in a natural calamity
within 24 hours.
"The District Magistrates have been asked that in case
of any death in a natural calamity, financial assistance to
the family members of the victim should be provided within 24
hours," Relief Commissioner K K Sinha said here.
He said that Rs 30 crore have been allocated to all
the districts for relief works.
Atleast 70 people were killed in various districts of
the state in the last one month in incidents related to dust
storm and thunder storm.
"Majority of these deaths have taken place in
Allahabad, Aligarh, Gazipur and Jaunpur districts," he said.
He said that so far Rs 2.2 crore had been distributed
in cases of death due to lightning and duststorm.
Evaluation of property damaged in the rain and storm
was being done and financial assistance would be provided to
affected persons, he said.
The District Magistrates have been asked to make
necessary arrangements to tackle possible floods in the state.
"They have been asked to chalk out a flood relief plan
at the earliest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it