DMs to distribute natural calamity within 24 hrs: UP
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has
directed all the District Magistrates to distribute the
ex-gratia to the kin of a person killed in a natural calamity
within 24 hours.
"The District Magistrates have been asked that in case
of any death in a natural calamity, financial assistance to
the family members of the victim should be provided within 24
hours," Relief Commissioner K K Sinha said here.
He said that Rs 30 crore have been allocated to all
the districts for relief works.
Atleast 70 people were killed in various districts of
the state in the last one month in incidents related to dust
storm and thunder storm.
"Majority of these deaths have taken place in
Allahabad, Aligarh, Gazipur and Jaunpur districts," he said.
He said that so far Rs 2.2 crore had been distributed
in cases of death due to lightning and duststorm.
Evaluation of property damaged in the rain and storm
was being done and financial assistance would be provided to
affected persons, he said.
The District Magistrates have been asked to make
necessary arrangements to tackle possible floods in the state.
"They have been asked to chalk out a flood relief plan
at the earliest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more