DNA report rules out sexual assault on Badaun sisters
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: DNA report from the Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics(CDFD) in Hyderabad on Wednesday ruled out sexual assault on Badaun sisters of Uttar Pradesh.
The CBI had indicated yesterday that the rape of two teenaged cousins, who were found dead in mysterious circumstances in Badaun seems "doubtful".
The killings of the two sisters had sparked a nationwide outrage.
After going through the DNA report from CDFD, the CBI had formed the opinion that the claim that the two girls were raped seems doubtful.
Sources in the CBI had said yesterday that the agency may drop the idea of exhuming the bodies now as the report from CDFD had given them enough forensic evidence which could help them crack the case.
They had also said that the report confirmed contradictions in the theory of rape.
The sources had said that the five accused - Pappu, Awadhesh and Urvesh Yadav (brothers) and constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav - will be allowed to get bail as there are no clear evidence against them, as per PTI.
According to the law, an accused can get bail if CBI fails to file a charge sheet against them within 90 days that ends on August 28.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today