Doctor, accomplice charge sheeted for gangraping Dalit girl
Muzaffarnagar: A doctor and his accomplice were charge sheeted on Saturday for allegedly abducting and raping an 18-year-old Dalit girl, police said.
The doctor, Praveen Kumar Saini, and his friend Deepak Kumar abducted the girl from Haibatpur village under Charthawal police station area when she had stepped out of her home to relieve herself on January 16, police said.
The duo raped her, they said, adding, police today filed charge sheet against the accused.
Praveen has already surrendered in court, while the other accused is still absconding, police said.
The victim was medically examined to confirm the rape and her statement has been recorded in court, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years