Doctor, accomplice charge sheeted for gangraping Dalit girl
Muzaffarnagar: A doctor and his accomplice were charge sheeted on Saturday for allegedly abducting and raping an 18-year-old Dalit girl, police said.
The doctor, Praveen Kumar Saini, and his friend Deepak Kumar abducted the girl from Haibatpur village under Charthawal police station area when she had stepped out of her home to relieve herself on January 16, police said.
The duo raped her, they said, adding, police today filed charge sheet against the accused.
Praveen has already surrendered in court, while the other accused is still absconding, police said.
The victim was medically examined to confirm the rape and her statement has been recorded in court, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre