Doctor, accomplice charge sheeted for gangraping Dalit girl
Muzaffarnagar: A doctor and his accomplice were charge sheeted on Saturday for allegedly abducting and raping an 18-year-old Dalit girl, police said.
The doctor, Praveen Kumar Saini, and his friend Deepak Kumar abducted the girl from Haibatpur village under Charthawal police station area when she had stepped out of her home to relieve herself on January 16, police said.
The duo raped her, they said, adding, police today filed charge sheet against the accused.
Praveen has already surrendered in court, while the other accused is still absconding, police said.
The victim was medically examined to confirm the rape and her statement has been recorded in court, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan