Doctor arrested for conducting sex determination tests in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A doctor was arrested for allegedly conducting sex determination tests on pregnant women, health officials said on Tuesday.
During a checking campaign yesterday, Dr Vinod Kumar of Chitra ultrasound centre was found illegally conducting sex determination tests following which he was arrested and his clinic was sealed, Chief Medical Superintendent of the district, Dr Ranjana Choudhary said.
Meanwhile, in another raid, Taneja ultrasound centre was also sealed by the health officials after its employees were found conducting sex determination tests.
Further probes are on, Choudhary added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security